One satement says it all, ‘Features not products’, this was said by Sergey Brin, co-founder of Google. Now we have orkus as open social networking site. Just like others in this space. Closeness of orkut never hindered its growth and it became like a cult site, very much like myspace, but in closed groups. Now when they have opened it up, which means that you dont need an invite to sign up orkut. What you can have is a google account, which is as easy as breathing.
Google had bought Youtube and have now become more social, google have also tweaked with its Group facility and tried to make it more social, but its a well kniws fact that groups are old fashioned things.
Now owhen they have opened the gates of orkut for everyone, and taken a heady challenge then they should also deliver the goods to user. I am not the one who will piss in thei mail boxe and try to write some shouting letters, I am going to accept change. To me what is most important is that nearly all of my friends are using orkut. But now I want few things from google….
- You tube and google video imbeding facility in orkut.
- Ability to post podcasts( go and buy odeo or some other service like it, Sergey)
- Freedom to change skins and to make some personal changes.
- Give users some blog space, allow to add video in scraps
- And plssss some multi scrapping.
- They should even integrate it with mobile services.
I think, this is what it means from, ‘ Features not products’.